A memory of the music of Jambay

""

Friday, February 19, 2010

Mix Playlist 1: Echo Carry the Sound

Download: mp3 zip files or flac zip files.

This mix is the first of at least two that I'll post. It's a "best of" from my perspective, songs and versions chosen for my own enjoyment and tastes, for the pleasure of old Jambay fans, and to convey the strength of the material to my friends who haven't heard them yet.

If you don't know: the whole "Porch Dogs" thing means an acoustic set. If you're just a rocker, or want to check that out first, skip it for now. And if you really want to just right to the heavy stuff, you can just grab from Mercury on - that is, just zips 2 and 3 of the MP3s, or 3 and up of the FLACs. If I were you I'd listen to all of it, but I know how you kids are now, with your iPhones and short attention spans. When was the last time you read a fucking book? That's what I want to know. Jesus.

~~ Lazy Porch Dogs (acoustic) ~~
Highlander
Desert
Window Scene
Laugh & Just Be Here
Simple Sam
Dragon
Time Traveller
mutual appreciation
The Howl
Free Harmony
Ceremony
also known as
Ocean

~~ Jambay ~~
Skunk
Thorn
And I Follow Suit
Twister Groove > Blunder > Twister Groove
Today's Song
Estimation
Mercury
Crossroads
Silence
The Bigs
King of Confusion
Stranger's Eyes
Victim of Circumstance
The Changing
It Don't Bother Me
Passion Play
All Things Equal

The FLACs are set up to burn on 2 80 minute CDRs with a break between Estimation and Mercury.

These tracks are all from matrix-mastered sources (2-channel soundboard mixed on the fly with a stereo mic feed) recorded by Todd Kushnir to either cassette or DAT master between 1993 and '96. Sources are either my CDRs, burned from a patched-in DAT master, or downloaded from the Archive - as explained more in this post.

I evened out the levels between tracks and added crossfades. This project didn't need any EQ or noise reduction since I chose the tracks from the better sounding sources out of those available. EQ and/or NR might be needed in future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Followers" is such a crude name. I prefer "Lackeys."